[stella] PCMSG 2.5 (Oystron?)

Subject: [stella] PCMSG 2.5 (Oystron?)
From: "Piero Cavina" <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 22:23:50 +0200
This is a "semi-official" release: please **don't distribute** it because
there's no accompanying documentation, and I'm not yet 100% sure about the
name, Oystron, that was suggested by Nick.

Do you like "Oystron"? How does it sound in English, silly, cool, crap...?
:-) This is the last chance for another name.

News:

- two dotted lines mark the zone where you drop the pearls (so I've finally
found an use for Missile 1 :)

- some new cool graphic and sound effects!!

- when you die in the Boss phase, you're put back a little in the current
level, so that you can collect some pearls in case you're out of bombs;

- there's a bonus for each unused bomb, and you start a new level with no
bombs.

- at high skill levels pearls don't bounce on the left border... <grin>

- you'd better to pay attention to the groups of three bombs...

- the original first eight skill levels have been 'compressed' in four
1=the old level 2, 2=4...

- now the pal/ntsc switch is Player 2 difficulty

- hmmmm, there must be something else...

Please tell me if you still have some doubts, then when the docs and the
name will be ready I'll release it.

Ciao,
 P.