Re: R: [stella] PCMSG 2.5 (Oystron?)

Subject: Re: R: [stella] PCMSG 2.5 (Oystron?)
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 17:33:20 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 5 Sep 1997, Piero Cavina wrote:
> frogger... much better than the previous screen, with some very interesting,
> playfield based, "water-simulation" effects. Hmmm, is there a 3rd screen?

Check out the surfing portion of California Games for a great example of
innovative dynamic playfield stuff.

> Whithout color striping the 2600 wouldn't have been the same.
> The Philips Videopac (oops, Magnavox Odissey for you in the US) comes from

The O^2's sprites were at a blockier resolution than the 2600.

I don't think anything about the O^2 was better than the 2600.

It makes me feel old that "O^2" now is shorthand for an SGI computer.