R: [stella] OT again, but interesting...

Subject: R: [stella] OT again, but interesting...
From: "Piero Cavina" <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 17:25:39 +0200
> Da: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> On Fri, 5 Sep 1997, Piero Cavina wrote:
> > >  The $169.95 price includes the MAGUS 2 board, connector cable, a
library of
> > >  over 50 games, game instructions, downloading software and
instructions,
> > >  development software (cross assembler and linker) and documentation.
> >
> > So far they've received only 5 orders.... doesn't look very
promising... :-(

> $170 is well beyond the threshold where anyone would be willing to
> purchase tools to develop for an orphaned console system.

But what is it exactly? A ram-cart on a pc board, and nothing more?
I don't think that they want to make a profit from this project, they are
just trying to keep the Intellivision spirit alive, that is a good thing :)
But I believe that such a device shouldn't be very complex, so how could
that price be explained?
Ok, they're giving a lot of games with it, but these shouldn't cost
anything to them...

> Thank the stars that we have the Starpath Supercharger, a mass-produced
> developer system in disguise ;)

Really true, especially if any very small-scale production of an electronic
device would cost so much.

P.