Re: R: [stella] your opinion (fwd)

Subject: Re: R: [stella] your opinion (fwd)
From: emooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Erik Mooney)
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 1997 15:35:32 GMT
>> interested in my game idea, and he had already mastered the tough part
>> (from a programming standpoint, we are doing something never done before
>> on the 2600! And it's a game type I've not seen on any console...)
>
>If a programmer has done something though, never tried before on the 2600,
>then it must be announced even if there isn't any playable game yet!
>Detalils, details! :-)

Fine... it is I that's doing this.  The "never done before" part (to
the best of our knowledge) is to have four independent detailed
player-controlled flickerless objects on the same scanline.  In single
resolution.  With color changes every scanline.  We're using the
missiles to display two player objects, and the players for the other
two.  Video Olympics had four such objects, but they were undetailed
pong bars, and according to 'kickass', that doesn't count. :)  Ditto
for Super Challenge Football, which draws the non-player-object
players with missiles... that has four independent detailed objects
(double-resolution, though, and I've got mine running at single.)  SC
Football can display playfield and the ball on the same lines as the
players, though, which I'm not doing.