Re: [stella] About OT...

Subject: Re: [stella] About OT...
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 21:02:19 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Robin Harbron wrote:
> There seems to be enough OT stuff here that we should make
> another list

I don't think it's off topic.  Sometimes this list slows down and it's not
a bad idea to let the topics drift just so that people keep the momentum
of the dialogue going.

I find things like talking about the relative merits of the O"2 vs. 2600
archetecture to be more worthwhile here than, say, topics about thrift
stores which are already in abundance on RGVC.

There is a fine line, of course.

> So, who knows enough to get another list going?  I'd love
> to hear more about the Odyssey, Intellivision, etc., all
> the "other" classic stuff that isn't so popular.  It could
> be stella_ot@xxxxxxxxxxx :)

Omar Thameen created this list on my behalf (in fact I don't think I even
have administrative priveleges yet).

You'd have to contact him about this.

It certainly seems as if there should be a list for the Blue Sky Rangers
and company if there isn't one already.

The Vectrex newsgroup is already used as a technical forum.

Other pre-crash consoles just aren't getting any active development to
speak of.

You know, the irony is that there is MORE development going on for the
Atari 2600 than there is for the Atari 8-bit home computers.  Can you
believe that?