Re: [stella] Warlords

Subject: Re: [stella] Warlords
From: Greg Troutman <mor@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 05:06:54 -0700
Glenn Saunders wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, PatMan wrote:
> > A lot of this is probably beyond the 2600's capabilities (or at least
> > at the time of 2600 Warlords it was...it still may be VERY hard to implement
> > it, and of course the better graphics is something you really can't do too
> > much about)
>
> Most of this could probably be implemented.  Have you ever played
> Fireball for the Supercharger?  It can get several balls going at once.
> And if you really run out of sprites, flicker is an adequate solution for
> something that is supposed to be a fireball anyway.

If anyone on the list wants to see and play the coin-op version, and has
their Marin County passport in order, let me know.  I have the
two-player standup in my garage.  It's quite a fascinating piece of
work, combining a b/w screen, 4 color transparency stuck right on the
monitor, partially reflective mirror surface, through which a 3D
cardboard castle cutout assembly back-lights through.  The many layers
all fit together somehow, providing a very unique look.  And the sound
is thunderous.

--
mor@xxxxxxx
http://www.crl.com/~mor/