Re: [stella] Over-clocking the 2600 (fwd)

Subject: Re: [stella] Over-clocking the 2600 (fwd)
From: Chris Wilkson - MCD <cwilkson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 10:07:51 -0700 (PDT)
This was supposed to go to the list.  I always forget to change the reply to
address....

> Is it possible to over-clock the 2600? Has anyone had any interesting or even
> favorable results? Are there any FAQs or notes lying about on the 'net that I
> could read?

Jon,

Yes you can over clock the 2600.  But it requires a daughter board.  Some
serious hardware hassle.  You need the extra hardware because overclocking
mucks with the video timing.

For all you disbelievers, I had this working at one point. :P  But I blew
up the 2600 while adding the IR remote detector board.  Yeah, it looked
pretty much like Doc Brown's DeLorian...I think that thing had something
like 7 daughter boards running around inside doing one thing or another.
Combat was kinda weird running at 2 times the horizontal resolution.

And when I say blew up, I mean blew up.  I dunno what happened, but I have
shrapnel scars :) After that, I got much better at keeping design notes...

-Chris

----- End of forwarded message from cwilkson -----