Re: [stella] Where to take the 2600

Subject: Re: [stella] Where to take the 2600
From: Greg Troutman <mor@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 12:15:48 -0700
Glenn Saunders wrote:

> Bob, I think you are definitely on the right track here.
>
> Oystron and Rescue are examples of writing games to avoid flicker, and
> constraining sprite position and motion in the process.  That's fine, but
> it limits the horizons of gameplay possible on the 2600.

Well I do confess that I don't much care for flicker.  However, Rescue
is a port of an arcade game and the original design just happens to suit
a non-flickering kernel.  Though I have taken many liberties with the
original game (heck, the coin-op is b/w) I haven't found a need to make
any change that would require me to duplex the sprites.

--
mor@xxxxxxx
http://www.crl.com/~mor/