Re: [stella] Where to take the 2600

Subject: Re: [stella] Where to take the 2600
From: PatMan <dgeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 17:48:10 -0400
>> The SW kernel might make a good foundation for other color vector ports.
>
>Like Tempest.  That'd be a feat, but it would surely sell like hotcakes.
>
>Wonder if Atari would let the author use the name Tempest...does Dave Theuer
>(sp?) have any rights to it?  Maybe he'd be willing to let it go.

This brings up a thought I've had -- has anyone contemplated an attempt
to "complete" the unfinished, existing 2600 games (the only ones that
come to mind are Xevious, which is available in a couple forms, and
Tempest, which is not (yet) available to the general collector)  What would
be involved in this?  Is it beyond the "average" programmer we have here?
(No offense meant to anyone -- I am aware that there are possibly some
programmers here that actually wrote for the 2600)