Re: [stella] re: optimizations; Call for suggestions

Subject: Re: [stella] re: optimizations; Call for suggestions
From: Nick S Bensema <nickb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 07:34:23 -0700 (MST)
>My C64->Supercharger program is nearly done - I've been using it
>to write programs for the 2600 already.  I just want to improve
>the user interface, to make it easier for unknowledgable folks to
>send .bins.  Although, probably everybody using this thing will
>be very knowledgable... I also want to include a really nice doc
>file, this may take a while.

Perhaps you could design it to co-exist with certain assembler programs
like TASM or whatever you c64 people tend to use.  Store the makewav
code at $2000 or $4000 or something, have the user load it as a binary
from the assembler, as if it were a font or something.  Then the user
would program for $1000-$1FFF and everything, but set the start address
to where the 'charger code begins.  After compiling, the 'charger code
would bring up a little menu so the user can prepare the 2600 and play
the wav and whatever.

>For this purpose, may I freely quote all the A2600 documents I've
>obtained from the Internet, as long as I'm giving references?

You can quote mine, though I don't know which are applicable.