RE: [stella] Idea I just had

Subject: RE: [stella] Idea I just had
From: Robert "A." Colbert <colbertb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 15:58:45 -0500
>Reply to your message of 9/23/97 12:59 PM
>At 18:07 -0700 21-09-1997, Nick S Bensema wrote:
>
>>The question is, can anyone program such a beast?  I don't think a
>>platformer or maze game has been tried yet.
>
>Bob's "multi" demo program could be a good starting point for a maze or
>platform game.

that demo is under some serious revamping right now.  Though it has some nice new features, I'm trying to optimize the sort routine.  I think I have an algorithm worked out that will let me get rid of the sort routine (major cycle hog), but it requires some serious data changes.  I'm hoping to get these changes implemented, write a game, and then maybe release the engine as a "generic" game authoring system, we'll see :)  Once I get this beast tamed, I'll release some source code...

				Later,
					Bob

Wanna write a game for the Atari 2600?
Check out http://www.novia.net/~rcolbert