Re: [stella] Oystron 2.8

Subject: Re: [stella] Oystron 2.8
From: Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Eckhard Stolberg)
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 14:09:57 +0200
>Here are some options (remember that you can't really kill them, just push
>them away)
>
>- the player could push them faster (easy - 1 byte needed (ASL)..! :-)
>- they would scroll the pearls slowlier
>- they could go away after a while
>
>What do you think...? (I like the first one...:)

I also think, that the first one is the best solution, but if you can
fit the second option in too, that would be an additional help. Maybe
scrolling up only once or twice per alienwave is fast enough.

>Maybe... but I can't slow down things, because the warp speed is obtained
>multiplying any speed x 2, you know it's easy to do. I can't multiply by
>0.5 or 0.7.
>A solution could be to let fewer oysters appear during the warp mode...
>comments?

If you can't vary the speed, then I would suggest leaving the speed
normal and vary the number of alien waves to fly through. Maybe you
could also use more waves, when the satellite hasn't been destoyed.
I think that would be difficult enough. You can use double speed in
the second time through the game. Or doesn't it restart after the last
level?

>Hmmm... how will I find the space to fix these things?! I want to release
>it! Waaaa, when I've finished with these things let me release it!!! Sob!
>:-)

So, have you finally found a good name to refer to this group in your
documentation, as you suggested to Glenn? I really hope it is not
'Blue Oyster Cult' or something like that. :-)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg