R: [stella] request for comments: RESCUE.BIN

Subject: R: [stella] request for comments: RESCUE.BIN
From: "Piero Cavina" <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 16:11:06 +0200
Greg Trouman wrote:

> It will be ;)  I was thinking that it shouldn't be too terribly hard to
> squeeze in three screens.  Drop down through a screen of asteroids, then
> a screen with more asteroids in the upper half, and a cave-maze section
> in the lower half, and finally (...)

Hmmm... FATHOM? :-)

> > Actually, if it were up to me, I'd love to see a SCROLLING display.
> Maybe.  I'll think it over and fiddle.

I have an early version of the Oystron kernel with vertical scrolling.
I added it easiliy with a trick... a varying number of empty lines at the
beginning and the end of the picture:

frame n:

----
14 lines
----

picture (8 groups of 16 lines)

----
2 lines
----

frame n+1:

----
13 lines
----

picture (8x16 lines)

----
3 lines
----

But then there there's the problem of the objects that are half-in and
half-out of the screen...

P.