Re: [stella] Unexploited Controllers

Subject: Re: [stella] Unexploited Controllers
From: kickass <kickass@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 12:04:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 27 Sep 1997 crackers@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> It would be neat to see more games made to take advantage of these
> controllers.

Yes, it would!

> But I realized that there is one very unique but not uncommon controller
> for the 2600 that really hasn't been exploited at all.
>
> The Coleco Gemini controller!
>
> It's got a joystick and a paddle all in one controller! Can both be
> accessed at the same time?

Well, I think the sears 2800 (I think that's what it is,) controllers
would work even better for this. The 2800 is that sears system that is a
2600 that looks like a 7800 w/ 4 joystick ports. The sticks are, to the
best of my knowledge, the ONLY home sticks like those used in the arcade
games Ikari Warriors/Heavy Barrel/ etc. (Where you have a joystick, and
the stick itself rotates for other game control uses (gun pointing,
etc.)) This would be awesome for the mcp section of the tron game if sum1
decided to do tron as a multi-load starpath game on the 26... (hint
hint,) (Yes, I know I'm a strong proponent of originality, but I would
REALLY love to see the Tron arcade game on an 80s game system (especially
the king of systems (2600),) So far the only way I know of to play it is
a pc emulator or the real thing...

Anyway, my 2 cents.

Zilla
KDK