Re: [stella] Light gun/pen

Subject: Re: [stella] Light gun/pen
From: Robin Harbron <robinh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 15:05:27 -0400
Glenn Saunders wrote:

> Other than Atari systems like the XEGS, 7800, or the unused capability in
> the 5200, the only other systems I know of that supported a light pen/gun
> were the Astrocade (at least I know it had a port for it) and the Vectrex
> (which probably operated under principles similar to the earliest 1960s
> style light pens which were originally used with oscilliscope monitors).

And being the Commodore advocate that I am, the two C64 based consoles
supported the light pen.  One was the pretty much non-existant (but
still
mentioned in the C64 Programmer's Reference Guide) Ultramax, the other
was the C64GS which was released in England around 1990.

I'm becoming a lot more comfortable with programming the 2600 now -
I've got a square sprite moving over a playfield under joystick
control now.

And my C64 playbin program is working really well now, just going
to start working on the docs for it - perhaps I'll work on a bit
of a 2600 tutorial, not that I'm an expert :)

--
Robin Harbron <robinh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    http://www.tbaytel.net/macbeth