Re: [stella] 2600 Digital Clock (Demo)

Subject: Re: [stella] 2600 Digital Clock (Demo)
From: jimn8@xxxxxxxxxx (Jim Nitchals)
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 16:39:01 -0700 (PDT)

> Well gang, something has just completely boggled my mind.
> There's some sort of problem with this clock routine that I just
> can't figure out.

Is it running too slow because you have too many lines in the display?
If the number of scan lines is not exactly 3 lines of VSYNC, 37 lines
of VBLANK, 192 lines of picture and 30 lines of overscan, or some other
combination adding up to 262 lines, your clock routine will be off.

> Each minute takes one more second than the minute before it took and
> I can't figure out why that is. Is it something in this decreasing clock
> routine that causes this? Or something in another psrt of my programme?

The clock routine you posted sure looks like it'd count by 60's exactly.