[stella] Pokey Mod For A 2600

Subject: [stella] Pokey Mod For A 2600
From: crackers@xxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 04:48:30 -0400 (EDT)
Anyone got any information on how exactly activision implimented the
pokey chip in the Pitfall][ cart?

I was wondering if it would be possible to make a pokey chip mod
to the Atari 2600 itself and would such a mod cause compatability
problems or would it be ignored by older carts.

It would be interesting to be able to take advantage of such a mod
in new games for the musical soundtrack, while using the 2600s native
sound for game sound effects.

Does this sound like a possibility?

Hopefully the mod would be simple enough that most people who know
which end of the soldering iron to grab would be able to do it
(the Bob's Supercharger Mod).

I guess we'd have to impliment a switch in our games that toggles
the mod so that those who don't modify their machine will still be
able to play the game.

                             CRACKERS
              (Just a late night idea from hell!!!!!!)

--

Accordionist - Wethifl Musician - Atari 2600 Collector | /\/\
*NEW CrAB URL* http://www.hwcn.org/~ad329/crab.html ***| \^^/