Re: [stella] Who we are

Subject: Re: [stella] Who we are
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 20:11:49 +0100
>Here is the output of the WHO command.  91 people subbed so far.  A few
>dead Email addresses I need to prune out.

I thought, that was disabled, so that email advertisers can't misuse it.
It might be a good idea to take your message out of the archive again.

Also, since the new sig-file is added to every message on this list,
it would be nice, if you'd reduce it to the old size again.

>cranking out code if you can.  I may be able to come up with a secondary
>prize for a novice category.  Novice would comprise any game that doesn't
>maximize the hardware of the 2600, but does manage to deliver some decent
>bare-bones gameplay.  Just remember that originality always counts, even
>in the novice category, so if you must do a well-worn genre, please give
>it some distinction.

I don't know, what size the first prize is, but maybe it would be possible
to offer a free colour photocopy of it to everyone, who writes a game for
the contest. That way people wouldn'd spend months writing a game and get
nothing in the end. That might attract more programmers.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg