Re: [stella] Who we are

Subject: Re: [stella] Who we are
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 14:25:38 -0800 (PST)
On Sat, 15 Nov 1997, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:
> I thought, that was disabled, so that email advertisers can't misuse it.
> It might be a good idea to take your message out of the archive again.

Spammers will find you regardless of this.  I'd like people outside of
stella list to know who is on it so they can decide whether they want to
join (bandwagon syndrome).  Everything has its drawbacks.

I can't be held responsible for the behavior of spammers, and
philosophically I don't think we should all forge email addresses and hide
our identities to avoid spam.  I want this to be an open list, not only to
subscribers, but to the world.

If more people express your sentiments, I will reconsider your request.

> Also, since the new sig-file is added to every message on this list,
> it would be nice, if you'd reduce it to the old size again.

I'll cut it down by three lines, but that's as far as I can go.  I want
all those URLs in there.

> I don't know, what size the first prize is, but maybe it would be possible
> to offer a free colour photocopy of it to everyone, who writes a game for
> the contest. That way people wouldn'd spend months writing a game and get
> nothing in the end. That might attract more programmers.

I treat photocpies of signatures as worthless.  If I come up with other
prizes, they will have more intrinsic value (though not a heck of a
lot--I am not a rich man).