Re: [stella] Who we are

Subject: Re: [stella] Who we are
From: Teknovore <tek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 20:07:18 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Songbird wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Nov 1997, Glenn Saunders wrote:
>
> > I think this is of general interest to the list because we are a very
> > exclusive club and I know I'm curious to see who's here and where they
> > come from.  Some people are very much LURKING and not posting and I'm very
> > curious again to know which of you are writing games in secret (smile) and
> > how many are just here to lurk.

I'm lurking too. I've been working on a few things, but I have too
many other projects at hand at the moment. Among other cool things, a
Linux rewrite of wolf3d. However, I've been thinking of writing some
extra devel tools to aid 2600 coders, maybe a sprite editor, or a
better assembler maybe?  I've got some skill and a good bit of
experience with many languages, but C and various forms of assembler
are my preferred languages. I greatly enjoy 6502 coding. ;-)

I'm very much a software person, and tend to stay away from playing
too much with hardware.

> I'm basically just lurking.  The discussion is interesting, but when I
> actually have time to program (read: not in several months), I've been
> focusing on the Lynx.

I find the same thing, the discussion is interesting, but I don't
really have the time to code a full fledged game.

BTW: I think we should get more source flowing through the list.

 "Nothing is to be feared but to be understood."  / Julian Squires  /
 "A fool and his data are soon parted- encrypt"  /  Teknovore      /
 "You can run but you'll only die tired!"       /   tek@xxxxxxx   /