Re: [stella] Technologies

Subject: Re: [stella] Technologies
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 18:22:23 +0100
At 22:05 -0800 20-11-1997, Greg Troutman wrote:

>One 4K game that I've played a bit of recently that is very impressive,
>IMO, is Activision's Spider Fighter.

I had already noticed that - Spider Fighter is one of the most impressive
2600 programs, at least from a technical point of view. BTW, isn't it
inspired by a similiar, nice Apple 2 game?

>Some amazing code that I can't quite figure out, starting right at $F000,
>allows all that, plus bunch of missiles to fly as well... Very nice.  I
>think I should be able to do a decent version of RESCUE in 4K
>considering that game as a sort of similar precedent.

And why not a de-luxe version of Oystron, with enemies floating up and
down.. :)
Sadly, Activision code is so smart, to be really hard to understand. Hey,
they were the best.

Ciao,
 P.