Re: [stella] Impatient Mactari/ Unix Programmer

Subject: Re: [stella] Impatient Mactari/ Unix Programmer
From: Greg Troutman <mor@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 06:58:32 -0800
Ruffin Bailey wrote:

> First, on the issue of an assembler for a Mac, I'm also open to using an
> assembler for Unix since I have a command line on my internet account.

There are several Unix freeware assemblers that will do 6502.  MAS65,
DASM (which is what I use), XA, and AS65 come to mind.  Andre Fachat
just recently released an update of XA, and he's got a whole web page
dedicated to it.  I haven't tried it yet, but it's available at:

http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~fachat/c64/xa/index.html

> If anyone has any suggestions there, I'd be more than appreciative.  I
> did try RAsm that MOR found, and that requires MPW for the Mac.  I don't
> know what that is;

I don't know much about Macs, but it's some kind of integrated
development environment, I think.  There's a big hardcover book all
about it down at the local used bookstore for about 10 bucks if you want
me to pick you up a copy ;)

--
mor@xxxxxxx
http://www.crl.com/~mor/