Re: [stella] Bounds test?

Subject: Re: [stella] Bounds test?
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 97 13:25:39 -0500
>Rescue does both collision tests.  If the 2600 doesn't report the type
>of collision I'm testing, it just skips along, but if it does, then I
>bounds test to isolate which sprites/platforms are involved.

What is a bounds test?  Right now (though it's all on paper), I'm trying
to determine the best method to figure which copy of several
"non-co-[horizontally]-linear" copies of plyr1 plyr0 is bumping into when
a collision is detected.  Does a bounds test help with that, or only with
the "plyr0-plyr0" collisons I thought (as in, "I thought, but wouldn't be
suprised if I was wrong,") Bob was talking about.

Thanks,

Ruffin Bailey
rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxx