Re: [stella] Xmas Program-- MacStella problems!

Subject: Re: [stella] Xmas Program-- MacStella problems!
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 1998 20:15:13 +0100
At 15.23 02/01/98 +0100, you wrote:

>>Uh, it's not a Mac fault - it doesn't work on Stella for W95 too. And I
>>don't know why... :-(
>>
>>Anyone tried to understand what's wrong with this demo and Stella? I posted
>>the source with the original message...
>
>I have tried your demos with Stella07 for DOS and the error message was
>about undocumented instuctions being executed. What happens is, that
>Stella07 reads the starting address from the reset vector at $FFFA.

But isn't the 6507 reset vector at $FFFC? Sorry, I think that you're
wrong.. look inside any .BIN 2600 file.

>Also your demo turns the Vsync off for three lines, before it turns
>it on for another three lines. That is not really nessessary. One
>STA Wsync before the STA Vsync, to make sure the Vsync starts at the
>very beginning of a scanline, should be enough.

wow! i've taken that code straight from Oystron, so if what you're saying
is correct, I could save 4 bytes...

I think it would be nice if one could turn on and off the background music
in Oystron. I'm going to see if I can find the space..

P.