Re: [stella] a dream

Subject: Re: [stella] a dream
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 19:55:08 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 5 Jan 1998, Piero Cavina wrote:
> - a wonderful multimedia section, including artwork and stories from the
> archives of the two companies, but above all:
> Is this only a dream? :-)

Yes it is.  Someone I know spoke with Activision about the possibility of
coding an emulator for the Playstation but when he later followed up, they
practically forgot the entire conversation (beaurocracy).

I wanted to produce something similar to your dream, but Activision is not
interested.

The days of commercial 2600 emulator product are over, due to the decent
freeware emulators, the presence of BINs on the net, the apathy of the
game companies, and the unreasonable royalty demands of JTS-ATARI.