[stella] Mac Dev and Sometimes...

Subject: [stella] Mac Dev and Sometimes...
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 98 23:14:00 -0500
>>I didn't play it for more than 10 seconds, and it looks good.
>
>Did the saucer come out in 10 seconds? :-)

Actually, yes.  And I shot it.  (mighta been more than 10 seconds ;)

>>My question is why can I see a silhouetted tank over on the far right side
>>of the ground in one player games?
>
>Hmm.. it might be the second player's sprite, which is always there, but
>painted in black in 1-player games. But I don't see it here..

That would make sense.  Again, I'm trying all of this on Stella 0.7, if
that makes any difference.

>Please send me that manual. If you lived here, I would bet a big "pizza
>quattro stagioni" that those operators do exist in Rasm. :-)

Even though you live "there", I'll bet you a big steak you're absolutely
right.  I'm pretty sure that I've found the similar commands, and I'll
send you the manual in text format in a "personal" email.  It's also
available at the address in the "Mac Dev Kit" post of mine:

ftp://ftp.ind.net/pub/mac/dev/rasm-10.hqx
(in case anyone else is interested)

>You need to understand what they mean before starting any serious project.

Now there I'm going to venture ;) to disagree.  I'm thinking with only 4k
to write, I can keep pretty good track of where my tables begin.  As I
did to Combat (with a little help!), seems like, if you know the exact
address, you can just substitute that into the code and voila!  Since all
the data in JumpBean (just a temporary title) can easily be shoved into
the end of my code, I just use a org at the start of the tables and keep
count, correct?  I guess when I said I didn't know what the #< and #>
were doing, I meant, "I don't see why I'd absolutely need 'em, so I won't
bother finding their counterparts."  I'm lazy that way.  ;)  But I
certainly could be wrong... we'll see!

Thanks for trying and keep me straight.  And if anyone's buyin', Arl
ter-i 'unna them thar pee-zha kwat-troh stag-e-o-knee thangs unce'e git
this-rrr kest'n figgered out!  (Trying to match Piero's ethnicity with
some Southern drawl... oh well)  Translation:  "I'll try one of those
pizza quattro stagioni things once we get this [here] question figured
out!"

Ruffin Bailey
rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxx