Re: [stella] Games to be shown in the documentary

Subject: Re: [stella] Games to be shown in the documentary
From: Erik Mooney <emooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 15:16:08 -0500 (EST)
> Does this mean that if your commands within a scan line measure up to
> exactly 76 cycles, you don't have to include a WSYNC?  Boy that would be
> nice...  and I guess it makes sense.

Yes.  But that means you pretty much can't do any branching during that
scanline, unless you want to go to great difficulty to make sure the
cycle counts always work out the same.  It works for the invaders thing
because during the display kernel (actually, Piero, during the first
scanline of each pair used in the invaders), all I'm doing is loading,
rotating, and storing data rather than checking and branching.