Re: [stella] Games to be shown in the documentary

Subject: Re: [stella] Games to be shown in the documentary
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 12:17:43 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, Erik Mooney wrote:
> figure it out... it works, don't mess with it :)  Exploding invaders is

You're talking to Piero.  He's fast becoming the most advanced active VCS
coder out there.  He may just rewrite your kernel in a way you never
imagined.  Where the VCS is concerned, there is always a possibility of
tackling a problem by looking at it from a new angle, but you have to be
willing to try, and possibly reach a dead-end.

I remember when I suggested more complicated playfield shapes and color
register changes and you were hesitant at first, but it was doable.

> Especially since the last number is hardcoded as a zero :)  I didn't want
> to fight with a multiple-copy-player display routine just yet, so I did
> the combat playfield text thing.

It's not too much of a struggle since you can practically cut and paste
score code from other programs.  That's how they did it in the old days,
even between competing companies.