Re: [stella] JTS/Atari

Subject: Re: [stella] JTS/Atari
From: Greg Miller <gmiller@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 01:39:47 -0600
Chris Cracknell wrote:

> In article <34B814AA.10CAA5F2@xxxxxxxx>, you wrote:
>
> >Not true at all. JTS/Atari still exists, with all the same legal rights
> >they had before.
> ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
>
> The company is not called JTS/Atari. Atari does not exist anymore.
> JTS swollowed and digested it. It is just JTS.

Last time I checked, Atari Corporation was a division of JTS. It is a
common convention to refer to such divisions in the form "JTS/Atari"

> Only the copyright holder has the authority to grant usage rights.
> Usage rights and copyright are not the same thing. Because you have been
> granted usage rights for a product you cannot transfer those rights to
> another, not without the agreement of the copyright holder.

Sigh. Copyright holders can grant the right to sublicense properties as
part of a license.

--
Video games: http://www.angelfire.com/tn/squirrels
TW (online game): http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/1367