Re: [stella] variations on a theme

Subject: Re: [stella] variations on a theme
From: Lee Seitz <lkseitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 12:47:54 -0600 (CST)
Glenn Saunders boldly stated:

>How about an alternate 2-player mode in which the 2nd player controls a
>mothership that disperses replacement minions with a fixed recharge rate
>(as well as being able to shoot).  He dies when all the invaders are
>killed or if he gets shot.

I love this idea!  I have a feeling there's not going to be enough
room in the Inv kernal, though.  I would add to this that if
mothership player loses all his lives, the "defending" player has to
keep playing until all remaining invaders are killed.  That way, it's
possible to have a tie if the game is running real close.  (Of course,
I suppose many people would prefer not to have a tie be possible.)

Also, maybe the mothership doesn't replace invaders at a set rate.
Maybe it builds up an inventory at a set rate, but can disperse them
as it wants by using down or up (along with the button to avoid
misfires?).  Likewise, maybe the "defender" can replace his shields.
Just some ideas.

--
Lee K. Seitz * lkseitz@xxxxxxxxxx * http://fly.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/
Classic Video Games Nexus:  http://fly.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/cvg/nexus/