Re: [stella] variations on a theme

Subject: Re: [stella] variations on a theme
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 22:00:52 +0100
At 1:56 -0800 12-01-1998, Glenn Saunders wrote:

>How about an alternate 2-player mode in which the 2nd player controls a
>mothership that disperses replacement minions with a fixed recharge rate
>(as well as being able to shoot).  He dies when all the invaders are
>killed or if he gets shot.

And what would you say about something completely different?

Player 2 would control the invaders formation, their bombs and the saucer.

Here's how:

Joystick left: stop the invaders when they're going right; move them faster
when they're going left;
Joystick right: as above, reversed;
Joystick down: drop a bomb near the player

Joystick up+left (up+right) + button: move horizontally the topmost bomb
Joystick down+left (down+right) + button: as above for the other bomb

button double-click: activate the saucer (but to make sense it should have
some attack power).

I really don't know if this could work, but I'm very curious.
Probably, I will have to remove the current support for Player 2. But it
would be very cool if that could stay, and the two guns could be controlled
with two paddles into the left port and the invaders with a joystick into
the right port.
Three-players Space Invaders! :-)

Ciao,
 P.