Re: [stella] adventure

Subject: Re: [stella] adventure
From: Nick S Bensema <nickb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 16:35:52 -0700 (MST)
>Ruffin Bailey wrote:
>>
>> >And it's the Atari 400 version which is responsible for Elite and all of
>> >those games, really.
>>
>> So did the 400 version come out and become successful before the 2600
>> version was released?  That is, is 2600 SR a port of what would be a
>
>As I recall, SR was written for fun by one of the 400/800 engineers,
>wasn't it?

Actually, it's Doug Neubauer, of Solaris and Basic Programming fame.

And Star Raiders is one of the most common cartridges available for
the Atari 8-bit.  I'm not sure whether it was the pack-in cartridge or
not, though.  I think mine came with Pac-Man, and a few weeks later
my parents came home with Missile Command and Star Raiders.