Re: [stella] Screen shots

Subject: Re: [stella] Screen shots
From: "John Saeger" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 08:58:54 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: stella@xxxxxxxxxxx <stella@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, January 15, 1998 8:08 AM

>At 06.05 15/01/98 -0800, you wrote:
>
>>Editing features like taking two or more
>>successive "frames" from a game with flicker, and ORing them together
>>are possible.
>
>Hmmm... couldn't an emulator have a "deflicker" feature, which does that
>kind of thing in real time..? I think that it could work with some games
>that have a regular flicker pattern..

That's an interesting idea, but don't you think you would run the risk of
developing a geme that looks great on the emulator, but when run on a real
Atari looks poor? And what would be the maximum number of frames that would
need to be OR'd together?  Each additional frame would require additional
CPU power to process, and the graphics engine is already the hardest part to
get to run fast.  Of course, these days it's less of a problem.

John