Re: [stella] Screen shots

Subject: Re: [stella] Screen shots
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 18:30:43 +0100 (MET)
At 08.58 15/01/98 -0800, you wrote:

>>At 06.05 15/01/98 -0800, you wrote:
>>
>>>Editing features like taking two or more
>>>successive "frames" from a game with flicker, and ORing them together
>>>are possible.
>>
>>Hmmm... couldn't an emulator have a "deflicker" feature, which does that
>>kind of thing in real time..? I think that it could work with some games
>>that have a regular flicker pattern..
>>
>That's an interesting idea, but don't you think you would run the risk of
>developing a geme that looks great on the emulator, but when run on a real
>Atari looks poor?

I was thinking about a feature that would improve the look of already
existing games when played on the emulator.

>And what would be the maximum number of frames that would
>need to be OR'd together?

This should depend on the game, and it could even be impossible for many of
them. But if there's a game where Sprite0 is always used for Shape1 in the
odd frames, and Shape2 in the others, then it should be possible..

>Each additional frame would require additional
>CPU power to process, and the graphics engine is already the hardest part to
>get to run fast.  Of course, these days it's less of a problem.

Current 200MHz machines should be enough.. :)

P.