[stella] More Star Raiders questions.

Subject: [stella] More Star Raiders questions.
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 98 19:17:39 -0500
>Yes, I believe the computer version was released in 1979.  The 2600 version
>came out in 1982 or 83 (too lazy to look at my cart ;)

Thanks!  Exactly what I was wondering about.  You don't happen to know if
there was any difference between the 5200 version and the one you're now
talking about, do you?

>If you mean why did they bother packing it in *at all*, it's because
>not everyone had the original Keyboard Controllers.  If you mean why
>did they redesign the controller -- I find it a *lot* easier to use
>this controller for Star Raiders than the orginal controllers (which
>are a *lot* smaller than I thought they would be!)

My question was both why did they bother to redesign it (which had to
entail some expense) and why weren't any other keyboard games released?
The pad makes a heck of a lot more sense now in light of it being a port
(although I am less impressed with its ingenuity now)... but why not
more?  Reminds me a little of the analog Saturn controller.  After
nights, and with the possible exception of Duke Nuke'em and driving
games, there really isn't much use for it.  I mean remember that overlay
for the keypad?  Might as well have just etched it in!  ;)

Ruffin Bailey
rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxx