Re: [stella] More Star Raiders questions.

Subject: Re: [stella] More Star Raiders questions.
From: PatMan <dgeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 00:09:06 -0500
Lee Seitz <lkseitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I might point out that Solaris was a sequel to Star Raiders.
>One of the first lines in the manual is "the Zylons are back,"...

I know that Solaris was *eventually* released as a "sequel", but I
don't know that it was the first planned sequel (then again, there
are others who could comment more on this...)

Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>SR II and The Last Starfighter both were given the same part
>>number (CX26134)
>
>I think time will eventually reveal the truth on any and all unfinished
>Atari products. ... there aren't any other Atari 2600 protos I know of
>which haven't had their EPROM read.  Those that remain elusive
>probably never made it out of alpha.

I apologize -- I didn;t mean to infer that I believed code existed for
2600 SR II/The Last Starfighter.  I only meant to state that there were
*plans* that the game(s) would have the above part # at such time as
they were completed

>Aside from Tempest, and Save Mary which Russ won't let out of his
>possession, there aren't any other Atari 2600 protos I know of which
>haven't had their EPROM read.

That may be true, but a number of them are still nearly impossible
to find unless you know where to look (not as available as some other
EPROM reads)