Re: [stella] Screen shots

Subject: Re: [stella] Screen shots
From: Erik Mooney <emooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 12:54:10 -0500 (EST)
> >Good, good.  You buffer the pixels before doubling them?
>
> Yes, but only for modex.

Well,I don't care about mode 13h :)  The hardware will double them for me,
giving a slight speed increase (I think I already said that... been
working too much...)

> Sequentially.  This way the whole buffer will fit within one segment, even
> if we're doing 360 by 240.

Cool.  320x400 would also fit within one segment, though I don't think I'd
need it to.

> I've added some variables that you can set with ModeXInit to tell the
> emulator about the screen dimensions of the current video mode. _VideoWidth,
> _VideoHeight, and _VideoPixels.  If you set _VideoWidth to 180 (for 360 by
> 240) the emulator will put out some extra blank pixels on every line to fill
> it out.  Otherwise it will do the normal 160.  _VideoHeight sets the max #
> of lines the emulator will generate.  _VideoPixels is the total number of
> pixels to convert.  When the emulator runs out of lines to generate, it
> fills the rest of the buffer out to _VideoPixels with blank pixels. This
> way, all you have to do is convert the buffer (as fast as you can).

Alright, that sounds helpful.  Assuming we're in 180-wide, shouldn't the
renderer put ten blank pixels at the beginning of the line and ten at the
end to center it, or isn't that worth the trouble?

> Done.  You can find the files (0.89a) under "Developer Releases" at the
> bottom of:
>
> http://www.whimsey.com/z26archive.html
>
> Have a nice weekend!!

Cool.   I might start tonight or tomorrow, but don't count on anything
before the weekend (and of course most of Sunday is out - Super Bowl :)