Re: [stella] a $16 question...

Subject: Re: [stella] a $16 question...
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 22:14:09 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Greg Troutman wrote:
> This is a little sticky.  I'd be tempted to say, "Mark me down for a
> 100."  But I sure can't honestly ask you to plow ahead considering the

The Atari banking scheme can extend itself to 32K pretty easily, and I
would advise going that route vs. 16K.  In fact it's actually possible to
extend the Supercharger RAM space to 64K, or so says Bill Heineman.

If anyone wanted to manufacture boards of this type I would gladly do my
part to encourage them.

> Dark Mage and then work on a significantly expanded TPS (Space
> Taxi?)...  I figure a 16K game offering some neat twists to the 2600
> library could be justifiable to collectors in the 25 dollar range so it
> might work out okay.  Maybe?

Sticking to the 4K LCD cart format has been holding back developers.  Back
when Piero could only code Pongish games, it didn't matter.  Now it's a
burden for him and others.  If this is the way it has to be, that's okay.
You can still do great stuff with that minimalist feel in 4K, but it's
1997 and with memory prices being what they are, you'd think it would be a
trivial matter to bump things up to 32K.