[stella] Ground rules

Subject: [stella] Ground rules
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 23:24:04 -0800 (PST)
Lee really pissed me off with his attitude regarding Surf's Up.  If he had
only waited I probably could have contacted Amiga International and gotten
the word on it pretty soon.  I _AM_ still quite heavily involved in the
Amiga community...  But he had to do it his way.

I have kicked him off stellalist for posting the BIN against my direct
wishes.

Let me remind people that this is not a newsgroup.  I have no obligation
to allow anybody and everybody to subscribe and to post anything they
wish.  These limitations are for the good of everyone who expect the list
to deliver exactly what it implies that it should, and not to overlap too
much with general classic newsgroups like r.g.v.c.  I created this mailing
list to be an oasis of people who are mainly concerned not with piracy or
"just playing the fucking games", but with the concerns of those who are
SERIOUS about developing new games for the 2600, or those who want to lurk
and observe the process.

Everyone is free to look through the archives to evaluate my behavior as
the list-maintainer.  I have tolerated discussions that have gone
off-topic (Intellivision, extended PC-emulator discussions, etc...)
without speaking a word.  The one thing that I won't tolerate are
pro-piracy discussions or attitudes which seem to trivialize the efforts
Cyberpunks have gone through to make sure our stuff is legal.

There are plenty of places outside of stellalist to exchange pirate BINs
or discuss the process.

Do it there, not here.

If any of you can't live with this terrible limitation on your first
amendment rights, you should unsubscribe because if you act as Lee does,
you will eventually be kicked off like he was.

In the meantime, bear in mind that I am trying to maintain a high standard
for this mailing list and I'm very proud of the productive work that has
gone on here as programmers collaborate and playtest their games.  Even if
you don't agree with my views, please stick to the high road within this
mailing-list.

--Glenn