Re: [stella] z26 -- vertical blinds

Subject: Re: [stella] z26 -- vertical blinds
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 11:30:52 +0100
At 15.12 14/02/98 -0800, you wrote:

>Since I know that at least Piero, and maybe Nick were curious, I thought I'd
>let you guys know that vertical blinds, the updating of even pixels on even
>frames, and odd pixels on odd frames is now available in the latest version
>of z26.  It's currently an "easter egg" video mode accessed with the -v3

I haven't read very carefully the latest messages between you and Nick, so
I don't understand very well how this works... but, in some cases, it works!
Asteroids and Gorf are now flicker-free, thought sicerely I can't say
whether the venetian-blinds effect is better than flicker or not...
But isn't there a way to get "solid" objects?
A nice try, anyway.

Ciao,
 P.