Re: [stella] Source Code

Subject: Re: [stella] Source Code
From: garon@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 21:00:08 -0500
>Thanks for taking the time to arrange these programming examples.  Things
>like this will certainly help new programmers learn the tricks of the
>2600 a lot faster.

Matt,

Well, I did it for selfish reasons, a cry for help <g>, but sincerely hope
others benefit from it as well. I agree a Repository of sorts could fill a
much needed niche. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable could collect the
code snippets from the archives and comment them enough to be useful to new
coders. I'd like to collect these examples too, but until I get a better
grasp on 6502 assembly I could only provide pointers/links to the archives.

>Not that it matters a great deal, but I openly give my permission for my
humble code to >be used however you want.

Thanks Matt, and thanks to everybody else willing to share code. Keep on
posting code everybody, the newbies are hungry!  ;)

>Has anyone started any new projects lately or is the list dead because the
>few projects that were started are either done (TPS, Dark Mage, Oystron)
>or abandoned?  Just wondering...

I assume you've already seen Eric Christensen post about his games, so yes
new projects are in the works. Hopefully, no word from others means that
they are busy hacking away.

The traffic in the list has seemed a little sporadic this month. Though I'm
relatively new to the list it seems to me that the enthusiasm hasn't waned
at all. The list is alive and kicking! Now if I can just figure out what
they are talking about....  :)

Later,
Garon