Re: [stella] Supercharger Questions

Subject: Re: [stella] Supercharger Questions
From: Chris Wilkson <cwilkson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 13:51:10 -0800 (PST)
> Another question - what's the point in being able
> to power up/down the Supercharger's ROM?  It's not
> like extra RAM is available if the ROM is powered
> down... is there some other effect I don't know
> about - some side effect of having it enabled
> that would make you want to disable it?

Robin,

I would guess(*) that it's as simple as power itself.

That's a lot of hardware to supply vcc to.  The regulator
inside the VCS can handle this no problem.  But the wall
wart supplied with some 2600's could only supply 300ma
with out dropping it's output voltage.  There is some cushion
built in, but if the voltage drops too low, vcc itself will
start to drop.  Also, one must consider the life expectancy
of the wall wart.  The harder you make it work, the sooner it
will die.

* Disclaimer:  I'm clueless on Supercharger issues.  :)

-Chris