Re: [stella] Bad Deal/New Atari Carts & my game!

Subject: Re: [stella] Bad Deal/New Atari Carts & my game!
From: "Ruffin Bailey" <ruffin91@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 08:38:03 PST
>Here's the response I got back from the owner
>of these "New Atari Carts" page.

Well, I looked at that page and have a couple of concerns.  Has anyone
asked "Randy" if he made those carts?  If the guy at this New Atari
Carts page purchased them legit, I don't think there's much anyone can
do about him reselling them.  :(  But if he didn't buy "authorized
releases" of these games, that's a completely different matter.

What bothered me most, aside from the fact that this page could be
blantantly stealing ROM's and burning unauthroized carts, is that I
think he also stole his pictures on his page from other's web pages.  I
know I've seen the animated gif for Okie Dokie on another site.

I never heard how that ended up in the courts, but I don't believe that
copying imagines without permission is quite kosher.  I don't believe
you can even link to someone's page without permission, strictly
speaking.  The "printed directions" have also, I assume, been downloaded
from the creators' web sites (or Nick's).  I would encourage everyone to
put a copyright notice on their pages and instructions.

Can anyone ask the fellow who is burning the carts if he's already sold
some?  I'd be more than interested.

I did manage to work on my platform game some this weekend.  Boy, timing
is a pain when you're drawing the playfield!  I think I have a title for
the final product, which, though incredibly premature, is some sort of
progress.  If you want to see what's going on, I have one of the
versions where I start playing around with the player graphics at this
addrfess:

http://web.cetlink.net/~rufbo/run.bin

Prepare not to be impressed and to notice the completely uneven platform
widths.  Ugh.  I don't think it will be a problem, but I will be doing
some crazy cycle counting in the near future.

Just curious,

Ruffin Bailey