[stella] Weird list behavior

Subject: [stella] Weird list behavior
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 10:53:15 -0800 (PST)
Over the last 2-3 weeks I've seen a steady stream of users join stella and
it's weird but a lot of them, it seems, are some kind of rogue experiments
of some sort.  I got an Email from somebody telling me to drop this guy
because he was using the list for some unethical purpose.

Given the niche subjectmatter I'm beginning to question the number and
rate of legitimate joins (to avoid a phrase that will bounce this
message) back to me.

I wonder whether this has anything to do with the number of stale
addresses on the list.  My biggest task is to "prune" the list of these as
for every new message I get a report of every address it can't reach.
It's almost always at least one.

Bob Colbert did the nice thing and notified me when he switched accounts.
If any of your accounts are going to go inactive, please let me know and
save me some time.

Thanks...