Re: [stella] my game!

Subject: Re: [stella] my game!
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 20:25:39 +0100
At 08:38 09.03.98 PST, you wrote:

>I did manage to work on my platform game some this weekend.  Boy, timing
>is a pain when you're drawing the playfield!  I think I have a title for
>the final product, which, though incredibly premature, is some sort of
>progress.  If you want to see what's going on, I have one of the
>versions where I start playing around with the player graphics at this
>addrfess:

I checked out your program and it has some sync problems on my TV.

It seems, that the sync signal gets weaker, if the TIA has anything
else to do than creating it. Some TVs, like mine, can't syncronize
correctly to that and produce a rolling picture.

Therefore a save syncronization routine would look like this:
LDA #$02
LDX #$00
STA VBLANK
STA WSYNC
STA VSYNC
STA WSYNC
STA WSYNC
STA WSYNC
STX VSYNC

Don't do anything between the two accesses to VSYNC, or the
signal might get too weak.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg