[stella] Official Atari St 2600/7800 Dev Kit.

Subject: [stella] Official Atari St 2600/7800 Dev Kit.
From: Chris Cracknell <crackers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 02:15:44 -0500 (EST)
Wow! I just had a peek at this beastie. What I've seen so far seems pretty
neat.

The interface hooks up to the ST's parallel port. It shouldn't be too hard
to build one if we could get the schematics for one. I wonder if we could
build one that will function fine with the software but work with the
2600 instead?

Anyways, it seems this dev software let's you create 7800 sprites with
Neochrome.

The coolest thing about it is the 2600 sound developer's tools.
You can sequence 2600 music and sound effects with a graphic editor
which saves the final product as data that's played by a generic
sound routine in the Vblank. Unfortunately it won't work without
a 7800 hooked up to the ST, so I couldn't try it out.

The doc file for the development kit also mentions that a dedicate 2600
development kit would have been comming out soon. (this dev kit seems
to be more 7800 oriented) Does anyone know if this came out? I'd love to
find a copy of that.

Anyone else been exploring these newly uncovered development tools?

                                 CRACKERS
                    (Neat new old programs from hell!!!)

--

Accordionist - Wethifl Musician - Atari 2600 Collector | /\/\
*NEW CrAB URL* http://www.hwcn.org/~ad329/crab.html ***| \^^/