Re: [stella] Official Atari St 2600/7800 Dev Kit.

Subject: Re: [stella] Official Atari St 2600/7800 Dev Kit.
From: danboris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Dan Boris)
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 08:07:21 -0500
~^~^~^~^~^~^~

> Actually, it includes a special 7800 that has had the encription defeated.
>
> There must be some sort of simple modification one can make to the 7800 to
> defeat the encryption that doesn't require a new BIOS...
>
> ... a jumper here, a cap there, maybe a chip or two.

I got a chance to open up a 7800 that John Hardie got along with some 7800 dev stuff. The unit had "encyption defeated" written on the label on the bottom. I appeared to be nothing more then a 7800 with the PAL bios rom. When you powered it up without a cart you got Asteroids just like on a PAL machine.

Dan Boris