Re: [stella] 16K cartridge boards

Subject: Re: [stella] 16K cartridge boards
From: emooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Erik Mooney)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:23:40 GMT
>I just got the first price quote back on gold plated, solder masked boards.
>I can get them for $1.05 for the bare board.  Adding $1 for the logic makes
>it $2.05 plus the eprom cost which should be about $2.  Throw in an old
>Combat case for $1: ~$5
>
>+ docs and royalties (me, Randy, author)
>
>Total: Whaddya think?  $20

Who's assembling the carts?  If it's you, Randy doesn't get anything, no?
If it's Randy, then the board production and cost is an issue between you
and him - and he says that the parts for his current carts already cost $5,
so no price change from his $16.  (And you've gotta be able to offer the
carts for $16 or less, or we may as well just skip you and get Randy to
make them via his current method.)

Also, are these boards 4k, bankswitched 16k, or the megacart?

>I added in copy protection to the board design.
>But since this is a public list, I won't mention how it's done. ;)

That's possible?  The 2600 has to be able to get data out of the cart -
what prevents a reader from getting the same data?