Re: [stella] Re: the big sprite

Subject: Re: [stella] Re: the big sprite
From: Songbird <forhan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 08:18:06 -0600 (CST)
On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:

> I meant you'll have to design 100 frames of animation and then
> turn them into ROM data by hand. That would be a lot of work.
>
> Maybe I should write a PCX to DATA converter, that would do
> this automatically.

I'm kind of jumping into the middle of this, since I don't have any real
2600 expertise, but FWIW, several of the hobby Lynx developers (including
me) have written PCX -> Lynx sprite converters.  I can take any 16-color
PCX graphic and display it on the Lynx almost identically.

I could be swayed to provide the C++ source code (written in DOS Borland
C++) if anyone thinks it would be beneficial.