Re: [stella] Atari 2600 programming

Subject: Re: [stella] Atari 2600 programming
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 98 14:11:14 -0500
>The only thing, that you won't find there is an introduction
>to 6502 assembly language.

Actually there are two things you won't find...

1.)  The above.
2.)  How to do this on a Macintosh.

Both have answers at my highly self-promoted web-site!  ;)  Check out:

http://web.cetlink.net/~rufbo/macdev.html

Even if you're using a PC, there is a chapter out of the Commodore
programmers' manual that introduces 6502 assembly at this site!  I'll be
editing it so that it deals with the 2600 directly in the coming months,
but even now it really is a great etext with which to start your
learning.

Between that etext and Nick's incredible 2600 programmers' "Bible" (as I
refer to it), you should be well on your way.

Hope that helps!

Ruffin Bailey
rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxx